Working at VTM
VTM Quality Services Holland B.V. is active within the food industry as a poultry processor. Our main activity is filleting poultry as efficiently as possible, on site at our customers’ location. With this professional service, VTM is eliminating work for her downstream producers and providing them with a great cost saving. To support production at various locations, we are looking for
Your work environment, where will you work?
Your workplace is situated in a large production hall, where multiple filleting production lines are set up and the necessary logistical routes have been laid out. Due to food safety protocols, you will be working in a cooled environment in order for us to maintain the most optimal quality of our chicken products. After the fillets are cut, they will be sorted, packaged and prepared for shipment. The pallets with boxes will be moved directly out of the production hall into cooled trucks, which will transport them to their destination, somewhere in Europe.
Who will be your colleagues?
VTM Quality Services is a multicultural company where respect for each other, openness and clear communication are the set standard. Your direct colleagues come from 14 different countries and the team spirit is great. You will notice this through an informal, no-nonsense attitude towards the work and the short lines of communication. The managers themselves started their VTM careers in the production process too. They are overseeing and supporting their individual teams, to ensure the production process takes place as fast and as safe as possible. Of course results are very important, but good cooperation is just as important, because in this job everyone depends on each other.
What is your working day like?
VTM is a rapidly growing and developing company, with a very active, dynamic environment. Because we work within a tight time schedule, it is important that anyone who is scheduled for work arrives on time. Because the offered filleting work should be finished at the end of the day, you may have to work overtime sometimes. The work will be carried out in various shifts and teams.
Your role, what will you be doing?
As a production employee you will be processing chicken. However, you can be scheduled at different workstations, and your tasks and activities will include:
- filleting briskets
- boning thighs
- cutting out tenderloins
- pinning chicken at the start of the line
- cutting cubes of fillet
- weighing, sorting, packaging etc.
You will execute your cutting activities precisely, continuously and in the right pace. You will work while standing in a cooled environment, therefore it is important that you are full of energy, in good physical shape and have stamina.
Who are we looking for, who are you and what are you capacities?
Our ideal new colleague has preferably worked in a cooled production environment before, or has a background in the Food sector. You have professional experience using a knife in for example a butchery or fish-processing environment. If you are already experienced in filleting chicken, then you would certainly be in our good books!
If you do not have experience in our field of work, but you want to come work for us nevertheless, you are also most welcome to apply. During the training period you will learn or upgrade your knife skills. This training period will last approx. 4 weeks.
You understand and speak Dutch, English, Polish or German.
Apart from this, you are
- a person with a positive attitude, contributing to a good team spirit and atmosphere at the work place
- a motivated, persistent go-getter with stamina
- clear, honest and respectful in your ways of communicating
- used to working in a team and know how to behave respectfully towards your colleagues. If necessary, you will inform your manager to discuss any work related issues.
- punctual, you arrive on time, an keep to agreements made – just like VTM does toward you
- 18 years of age or older, and full-time available
- observant and alert when complying to food- and hygiene regulations
- preferably in the possession of a drivers license and own transport, however, we often arrange transport from and to the work place
- living in the area of Blokker (Noord Holland), Ommel (Noord-Brabant), Goor or Dedemsvaart (Overijssel)
What does VTM offer you?
- An interesting work environment in the food sector, at a dynamic and developing company with nice colleagues
- The possibility to work with us for an extended period, based on temporary assignments, followed up by a permanent contract in case of good performance
- Good job conditions and a good salary compliant with the collective agreement (CAO) for the poultry processing industry
- Work in an open and informal company structure with safe and healthy working conditions
- Education possibilities: you are given the chance to develop yourself, for example by enrolling in VCA or HACCP courses
- Possibilities for internal growth: we reward ambitious people with good performance
To apply, please fill in the form on our website www.vtm-quality.nl. Please indicate whether you are applying for a position in Blokker, Ommel, Goor or Dedemsvaart.